Warning

Warning: Keep out of reach of small children and smart-alec teenagers. Keep printed material away from open flames or excessive heat. Studying these documents may cause drowsiness. Do not read while driving heavy equipment or machinery. If nervousness, sleeplessness or irritability occur, discontinue use and seek professional help. Excessive and prolonged use may cause career burnout and has been known to cause cancer in laboratory rats. Isolated cases of schizophrenia exhibiting delusions of grandeur have been reported. Do not use if you are being treated for high blood pressure or have problems urinating due to excessive consumption of caffinated drinks.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thoughts about the CCENT Test

Well, I passed the CCENT test on February 11th, 2014. It is the first of 5 that I need to take on my path to renew my CCNP.

I am REALLY upset at Cisco though. They claim that their test contains 50 questions. That statement is a BOLD FACED LIE pure and simple.

Why do I say that? I say that because some of their so called "single questions" contain an additional 3-4 questions, each with their own set of multiple choice answers. There were about two or three of these on the test. So, in reality, the test has around 60 questions, give or take a few. I was sailing along thinking I was doing real good with lots of time time left, until I ran into several of these, and so I had to rush through them, because I didn't know how many more there would be before the 90 minute timer expired. In doing so, I sure I made a few mistakes lowering my score significantly.

I knew that they had these types of scenarios that contained multiple questions, but I assumed that each individual question was considered part of the 50. Not so. The whole scenario counts as a single question.

Next test though, now that I know their little trick, I hope to do better, unless of course they have some other trick to pull on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment